German Interest Group of the Rogue Valley Genealogical Society
The mission of the society is to inspire interest in genealogy, inform the public and maintain a growing, sustainable library with a strong online presence.
- Website: www.rvgsociety.org
- Facebook: Search for "Jackson County Genealogy Library"
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: German Interest Group at RVGS, 3405 S. Pacific Hwy, Medford, OR 97501
- Phone Number: 541-512-2340
- German Interest Group Contact: Mary Timpe Robsman
- Auf Deutsche or English Contacts? English
- $30 per year for an individual
- $45 per year for two in the same household
- $5 for a day pass for an individual
- monthly eNews
- quarterly Rogue Digger
- library, open Monday-Saturday 10 am-4 pm, Tuesday 10 am-9 pm
- subscription websites
- genealogy classes
- monthly German Interest Group meeting
- See the society's calendar for a complete list of regular and special events.
Research (or Focus) Areas:
- The Rogue Valley Genealogical Society (RVGS) is located in Southern Oregon in the Rogue River Valley. Initial settlement in the valley was spurred by a gold strike in Jacksonville Oregon, thus accounting for our logo, the happy miner who represents the activity of digging for gold in genealogy records. RVGS was founded in 1966 and now owns and operates the Jackson County Genealogy Library (JCGL), the largest collection of genealogical materials in Southern Oregon.
Library (or other resources):